Today I'm playing along with the Simple to Spectacular feature at Papertrey Ink. For this feature, we choose one older stamp set and create three cards with it, ranging from simple to more complex. Today's featured set is Fall Florals.
This is such a great set for creating pretty tone-on-tone backgrounds as well as focal points.
Here are the three cards I created for today's challenge...
My first one is really simple. I used the Fall Florals to create a tone-on-tone background. I started with a Terracotta Tile card base, then stamped the flowers with Terracotta Tile, Scarlet Jewel, and Cocoa Bean inks.
I finished it off with a frame cut using the Pierced Feature Frame dies, and also the largest stitched rectangle from the Noted: Simply Stitched die set. I wanted a slightly narrower frame than the Pierced Feature Frame, so I cut it again using the Noted: Simply Stitched rectangle. The sentiment was diecut using the matching Fall Florals die, and stamped with Scarlet Jewel ink.
My next card is the same exact base, except this time I layered some of the large flower clusters by using the matching Fall Florals dies. The frame here is the leftover bit from the diecut frame I used in the card above.
My final card uses a bit more intensive technique to create a fun multi-colored background that looks like lots of layers, but it's actually a single layer. This was done using the matching dies and masking off layers and sponging in between adding the different layers. It almost looks like fabric!
I used some vinyl (the type you use in your electronic cutting machine like a Cricut to create wall vinyl). I diecut the Fall Florals from scraps of this vinyl. I added a few of the diecut flowers to my Fresh Snow Linen panel, then sponged with Summer Sunrise ink. I left those in place, and added a few more of the vinyl diecuts, then sponged with Terracotta Tile ink. Leaving both of these vinyl layers in place, I repeated this one more time by adding a third layer of vinyl diecut flowers, and sponging with Scarlet Jewel ink. I then started removing the vinyl diecuts, one layer at a time, and stamping in the sponged areas until all of the vinyl was removed and everything was stamped. Sounds kind of confusing, but it's not really that complicated. :-) I'll have another card using this technique tomorrow, and I videoed the process so I'll share a quick video tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by today to check out my Simple to Spectacular projects. I hope you're having a great Wednesday!