Hello all! The party is starting! Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 6th anniversary with a whole 10 days of giveaways and challenges. Today is Day #1! I am excited to be joining the Papertrey team for another year of new products, monthly releases, DT challenges, etc. Each month is something new and exciting and I can't wait to see what's in store for 2013. Nichole continually inspires me with all that she does....and she does it all with grace and style!
Today Nichole is featuring each DT member on her blog along with our six favorite Papertrey projects ever -- you'll see mine in the image at the top of this post, but I wanted to share a little about why these projects fell into my favorites category.
1. All My Heart Chalkboard card. I love the chalkboard trend and just had so much fun playing with it. This was a card I created for a Make it Monday video, and juding by the number of entries, I'm guessing you all had fun with it too. And that makes me a little giddy. I love feeling like I inspired others to get up and make something. To me, that's what it's all about.
2. Flip-flop Card. What's not to love about summer? Right now I'm freezing my buns off, dreaming of summer, and this card just screams summer....maybe that's why I'm loving it at the moment. Or maybe it's becuase I feel like I sort of nailed it on the execution of this card...it's exactly what I had envisioned when I started out. And it's clean and crisp and fresh...something I strive for, but feel I often fall short of. Plus those flip-flops are just fun and happy.
3. Love Potion Card. You know the A Ha! moment when the right products come together to create something fun and clever? That's how I felt with my Love Potion card. I had fun turning the sweater die into a lab coat...I kind of giggled the whole time as I was making this card.
4. Sunshine Card. I don't really know if I have a good reason for this one falling into my favorites category...it just makes me kind of happy. I love the bright, cheery rainbow color scheme, the sunrise background, and how everything works together.
5. In the Meadow Pop-up Card. This was another one of those times when I just had fun creating. This card came out just like I had envisioned. I had fun building the scene with elements from In the Meadow and adding lots of little details.
6. Thankful Word Art Card. You probably all know by now that typography gets my heart beating just a little faster. That's probably why this card falls into my favorites. I love playing around with words and sentiments, so the Counting My Blessings dies were one of my favorite products released this year.
I hope you enjoyed my parade of favorite Papertrey projects. I enjoyed looking through all of my past projects...it's funny how certain projects reminded me of events that were going on in my life at the time that I created them. Crazy how things like that can trigger memories. Sometimes I even remember what the weather was like while I was creating a certain project! ha! I know...I'm weird. :-) Thanks for joining me though...I hope you enjoy the anniversary celebration and can find some time to play along!