It's time to share my Papertrey release projects once again! Love this time of month. Every month as I work on my release projects I feel like I dicover some new things to love along the way and I thought it would be fun to share them as I post my projects....some Papertrey related, others not as much, but still fun. :-) So here we go....
- I love that the Christmas Friends set has the two little birds opposite facing birds. I love that they give this card a sort of folk art feel.
- I learned that I love this color scheme of white, Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides and Spring Moss, especially with a touch of Heather'sRustic Snowflake paper. This card is sort of Christmas-y but yet could easily be used for everyday.
- I've learned that I LOVE the new Turning a New Leaf set and can see myself using it tons and tons.
- I've learned that I don't usually like using an exacto knife becuase I'm not very good at it, but for these cards I used this handy little knife which is much easier to control than the regular old style (and it's rectrabtable and I don't have to worry about it slicing my finger off when I stick it in my pen holder). :-)
- I learned that the new Terracotta Tile plays very nice with lots of other PTI colors. For this card set I used Terracotta, Scarlett Jewel, New Leaf and Raspberry Fizz.
- I discovered that I love the look of stamping Smokey Shadow ink on Kraft. Can you see the leaves stamped on the Kraft envelopes? Definitely vintage hip.
- I love the small, witty sentiments in the Big and Bold Wishes set.....they'll be coming out a LOT.
- The scallop circle punch makes a great flower, just snip the scallops to form the petals....I especially love them punched from vintage text paper (just watch yard sales, thift stores, etc for old books).
- I've learned that I can't quite seem to put down the new Nook and Pantry collection from Basic Grey. I love the colors...so many of which go perfectly with PTI colors. I especially love this Doily from the line...it's my very favoritest color and little bits of it make the perfect borders and accents. The heart in my Christmas Friends card (above) was punched from it as well. :-)
- I love that big and bold flourish from Big and Bold Wishes.
- I love added glitter to things including these printed chipboard pieces..it just gives a bit of extra dimension.
Well, that was fun. Complete supply lists for all of my projects can be found in the Papertrey Gallery.
Have a great night!