Hello! Happy Love Day! Do anything special with that special someone? Nothin' much here. Pretty typical Saturday, but that's ok. :-)
I have put together a tutorial for the candy tubes for those of you that were interested. I tried the whole video thing and it didn't work out. My old digi camera video feature is pretty crappy. My mom has a better one, but I wasn't able to get a hold of it today, so hopefully the steps in pictures will be good. Let me know if you have questions on anything! Here we go...
Supplies (per tube):
- 5 1/2 x 6" piece of transparency
- Circle punches or other circle cutting system of your choice that will enable you to cut 1 3/4" and 2 3/4" circles. I used my Cricut with the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
2. Roll the transparency into a tube, adhering the other edge to the adhesive strip
3. Cut two cardstocks circles the same diameter of your tube. The diameter of my tube was 1 3/4" (yours may vary depending on how much you overlapped the edges, so be sure to measure yours). Then cut two circles 1" larger than your tube diameter (mine were cut at 2 3/4")
13. Put the bottom lid onto the tube and use an object such as a large popsicle stick or ruler to rub the inside of the tube against the adhesive to be sure it is nice and stuck. (you don't want candy flying all over!!! :-D)
14. Punch one hole on each side of the tube, 3/4" inch or so from the top edge. Knot ribbon through these holes, leaving long enough tails to tie into a bow. The knots of the ribbon should be inside the tube.
17. Now you can embellish as desired. Here I used a heart stamp "xoxo" stamp from Heart Prints along with the coordinating heart punch
Have fun! These would be super for any occasion, I plan to hand them out to my Sunday school kids for Easter! A Halloween version would be super fun too!
Let me know if you have any questions!